Volunteer Process And Procedures
As a means of ensuring the safest environment possible for our students, all parents who might be alone with a student in any capacity (as a volunteer, driver for field trips, etc.) and volunteering their services at school will be required to complete the following requirements which are explained further below: 1) LiveScan fingerprinting; 2) an on-line mini-course on child safety given by “Shield the Vulnerable”; and 3) take a photo at the front desk for the volunteer ID card. Additionally, those parents who will be transporting students on field trips in their private vehicles will be required to submit a Driver Questionnaire form at least two weeks prior to the field trip. Please see Information from the Parent Student Handbook which is included below:
Volunteers who might be alone with a student in any capacity (as a volunteer, including drivers for field trips) must be fingerprinted as a volunteer. Fingerprinting will be offered on campus at no cost to parents at the beginning of each year.
Attached is your application for LiveScan. Please complete the applicant section, make two copies and bring all to the LiveScan operator (see below) with a photo ID.
We will have a LiveScan operator on site for your fingerprinting convenience, free of charge, on the following days:
Thursday, September 13, 2012 at 2:00 PM
Wednesday, September 19, 2012 at 2:00 PM
Wednesday, October 10, 2012 at 2:00 PM
If none of these dates are convenient for you, you may complete the application attached and take it to any of the LiveScan stations below at your convenience. You will be responsible for the fee.
Appointment Required: The police department nearest St. Anne School is the Orange County Sheriff Department located at 11 Journey in Aliso Viejo. Their hours are 9 AM - 4PM, Monday – Friday. To schedule an appointment, call (949) 425-1801.
No Appointment Required: Postal ‘N’ Parcel Plus – Trupti Trivedi -located at 24000 Alicia Pkwy., #17, Mission Viejo. Their hours are ______________. To schedule an appointment, call Trupti Trivedi at (949) 588-7455.
Volunteer On-line Safety Education
Shield the Vulnerable is dedicated to raising awareness of abuse and neglect, and to provide training and resources to protect the most vulnerable members of our communities. Volunteers will be asked to complete the volunteer training through the above website and submit the certificate of completion to our Front Desk. Please note you are only required to complete the course “Recognize, Report and Prevent Child Abuse”.
- To log on, go to www.shieldthevulnerable.org
- Select “Adult” then “Adult Signup” (for first-time sign up) or select “Adult Login” (for Adults already signed up)
- Select your pick type which is: “Catholic Diocese”
- Select “Orange Diocese”, then click “Confirm”
- Next, you will see a “signup – user login data” sheet. Please complete the questions and type a new login ID and password you wish to use on this site. Please be sure to write this information down in case you should need to complete the course at a later date. Then click “Next Step”
- Select your status type: “Volunteer”
- Select your location type: “Elementary School”
- Select where located: “Laguna Niguel”
- Select your primary position/department: “Chaperone”
- It will then ask you if you volunteer at more than one location. Make your selection now.
- It will then move to “Summary/Confirm”, so click on “Accept” and “Confirm Signup”.
Now you may take course. Please be sure to bring the “Certificate” of Completion to the front office when done. Thank you.
Volunteer Photo ID
Photos are taken at the St. Anne Front Desk. Once the above two steps are completed and fingerprints have cleared, the volunteer will receive their Volunteer Photo ID.
All parents who wish to be eligible to drive St. Anne School students on field trips, other than their own children, must complete the Driver’s Questionnaire. This is available in this packet, on the St. Anne website, or may be picked up at the Front Desk. You must complete and return the form at least two weeks prior to the field trip with an enlarged copy of your driver’s license (the front desk can make this copy for you). This document is submitted for driving clearance through our liability insurance carrier annually. Upon approval, you will be listed as an authorized driver for field trips for the current school year if you have completed the other requirements listed above (LiveScan fingerprinting, on-line safety education course and photo ID).
VOLUNTEERS WHO MET THE ABOVE VOLUNTEER REQUIREMENTS LAST YEAR WILL NOT BE REQUIRED TO RETAKE THE FINGERPRINT, THE SHIELD THE VULNERABLE ONLINE CLASS OR THE PHOTO ID. The insurance company requires Driver Questionnaire forms annually.
REMEMBER: If you are on campus to volunteer, please comply with the following procedures:
- Sign the Volunteer Sign-In Log at the Front Office and wear a color-coded name badge for that day.
- Wear your Volunteer ID Badge at all times while you are on campus.
- When you are ready to leave, return to the Front Office and sign-out.
Thank you for volunteering. We appreciate you!
ST. ANNE SCHOOL