ECDC Licensing and Accreditations
St. Anne Early Child Development Center achieved NAEYC (National Association of the Education of Young Children) Accreditation on November 30, 2015.
What is accreditation?
Early childhood programs accredited by the National Academy of Early Childhood Programs have voluntarily undergone a comprehensive process of internal self-study, invited external professional review to verify compliance with the Academy’s Criteria for High Quality Early Childhood Programs, and been found to be in substantial compliance with the criteria.
What is a high quality early childhood program?
A high quality early childhood program provides a safe and nurturing environment while promoting the physical, social, emotional, and intellectual development of young children.
In accredited programs you will see...
- Frequent, positive, warm interactions among adults and children
- Planned learning activities appropriate to children’s age and development, such as block building, painting, reading stories, dress-up, and active outdoor play
- Specially trained teachers
- Enough adults to respond to individual children
- Many varied age-appropriate materials
- A healthy and safe environment for children
- Nutritious meals and/or snacks
- Regular communication with parents who are welcome visitors at all times
- Effective administration
- Ongoing, systematic evaluation
United Way/Success by 6
St. Anne School Early Child Development Center was awarded the Success By 6, “5 Star Quality Rating” by the Orange County United Way. The Success By 6 Star-Quality Rating System provides clear, comparable information about quality in early childhood education programs. Success By 6 Star-Quality Center, demonstrates an exceptional commitment to quality early childhood education.
St. Anne Preschool operates under the auspices of the State of California Department of Social Service Community Care Licensing using State License Number 304270260.
This entity has the right to visit our campus and interview children without parents' prior approval.
In order for St. Anne School's Early Childhood Development Center to be granted a State license, we have to meet very specific guidelines set forth by the State. These directives include separate play and lunch areas from older children, specific sign-in and sign-out procedures, and other safety-related issues.